We know that backlinks are incredible resources for SEO. We also know that how important they are for SEO.
In the past, some link-building strategies that worked are no longer useful for ranking the website.
However, building links has changed from past couple of years. It isn’t the same. The art of link building has evolved significantly.
Why is link building important?
Everyone wants backlinks to rank their content, But the question is why do you need links?
Well in 2015 MOZ surveyed to understand how search engine algorithms work.
In 2016 Backlinko analysed 1 million google search results to find the factors for ranking.
Guess what; they found backlinks as a top ranking factor.
It is straightforward – The more links you have, the higher you rank. However, Spamming backlinks isn’t going to get you top positions.
Because Google wants to see a diverse source of backlinks from different domains to rank.
Protip: Never waste your time and money building DA 0-25 Links.
Spamming from different domains is also not good these days. It means you need get more Quality Backlinks.
The more you earn quality backlinks, the higher you rank in Google.
High-Quality Backlinks –> High Google Ranks –> Happy Webmaster
Link Building Strategies
1) Broken Link Building
Many marketers know what is broken link building. It isn’t new, been around for years. The concept is simple, but it can be time-consuming.
But its worth time and effort. Finding relevant niche is the key. Combining keywords in your niche with search strings can help you find the broken links.
You can use these search strings
keyword + “resources”
keyword + “blogroll”
site:.gov keyword + “links”
site:.edu keyword + “recommended sites”
Once you find the relevant page, you can use Check my links Chrome extension to find the broken links.
You can also use Screaming Frog to find the broken links.
Have a good resource page to share before reaching out to the webmaster.
Make a reach out the template. Let it be simple, don’t complicate it. Try to follow up with another email.
2) Link Building by Infographics
Everyone knows about Infographics. They are the most shared content on the internet.
According to Hubspot, they are the most liked and shared content across social media.
But many people think, making an infographic is expensive and to share it, the infographic needs to go viral. It’s wrong.
There are many services like Fiverr, where you can get an infographic for $5.
You can also create your infographic by using venngage. It’s a free service, and you can build them using existing templates.
But how to share it?
There are some websites dedicated solely to publish the infographics like
You can also reach out to blogger to share your content on their websites.
3) Pursuing the media
This seems like an unusual method, but it works. Online news outlets are looking for stories.
Find reporters who work for well-known media publishers within your region and get them to link to your site.
Providing relevant content is not an option these days.
If your content has little value or relevance, no SEO technique can yield any effort.
4) Identifying Industry Influences
In every industry, some people can be referred to as influential figures or personalities.
Whatever the niche is, somebody on the web today has built a potential audience for the specific niche.
It sounds complicated, but it is not. There are many tools to find the Influencers.
For example, you can use Buzzsumo to find Influencers.
With Buzzsumo you can see which site and authors are creating most shareable content.
For instance, if you owned a dog niche website, you could write “ways to cheer up your dog to attract people to your business”.
Then contact the influencers with personalised messages, showing you’ve taken time to read their material and know what they are all about.
This helps demonstrate that you’re genuine and not a spammer, but also you’re appreciative of their work. You should also show them why they should care about your particular contact, and the actions you would like them to take.
5) Guest Posting
Building a link requires the use of white hat links this are legitimate links. Such links look natural and are most likely acquired from high authority website which was produced by high-quality content.
Google penalises companies for spammy links, and no one would want to fall into such a trap.
The guest blogging is one of the best ways of building website links; this is where one utilises the use of a guest blog by sourcing of quality content and linking.
This can be achieved by use of advanced search which enables one find a guest posting opportunity.
After that, you can find the links you are interested in and contact the webmasters of the sites and pitch them with the kind of content you would like them to post on their websites.
If the webmaster is interested, you can get a pretty high-quality link. You can keep building relations with all the webmasters for future links
6) Link Reclamation
This method is a slightly different form of link building but requires efforts. But these efforts will pay.
Link Reclamation is the method of finding and fixing broken links that lead to your website.
The best way to do this is to open your backlink analysis tool such as Majestic and export your list of backlinks. Next, filter your list and discover your broken backlinks.
Once you find the links, it better to update them quickly.
If you don’t update your URLs along with your website, you’ll have broken and dead links to contend with.
If you haven’t ever done link reclamation before, you definitely shouldn’t wait any longer.
This process can be a time-consuming process, so take it slow. Go day by day, and you can fix all your dead links.
Help a Reporter Out (HARO) has significantly grown in popularity in the recent decades as an outsourcing service connecting bloggers and journalist with timely relevant information.
The site acts as a free PR opportunity for companies as well as an individual journalist.
How HARO works
1. Participants register with the service by providing useful information about themselves then they will be required to submit a free source request.
2. The company offers its set of data organised based on different categories such as Business, Health Care, Travel and much more where individuals can choose on one or more of the categories when they would like to acquire information from.
3. Moreover, the information on the site is up to date such that by answering queries there is a high chance of getting a reporter contacting you about the topic.
4. Finally, it links the reporter to the source of information thus resulting in the growth of business and acquisition of information faster.
8) Create a Scholarship and promote
Creating a scholarship and promoting it involves the creation of links and backlinks to the website offering the scholarship in order to increase its traffic on Google thus promoting the scholarship site.
How to create and promote a scholarship
1. First, research the type of scholarship to be promoted to collect data necessary to build the site and create backlinks due to mentions by other sites as new information is usually preferred over existing information.
2. Secondly, knowing how to use the data on the site effectively is crucial for link building. It is important to start with the information which the target audience find to be most useful,
3. Next conduct another independent research where you compile your findings on the scholarship which will be published on the website thus giving the audience more info on the scholarship being promoted.
4. You could also choose to create other complementary data which can be used to create a series of blogs, podcasts, as a way of promoting the scholarship further.
9) Content Marketing skyscraper technique
Sky-scraping in content marketing refers to the action of viewing top content based on specific keywords in order to strategise on the production of content which is superior to the original content viewed.
Viewing the content on the related topic gives you the ability to gather more information on the given topic.
How to go utilise this technique.
1. First find top performing content on your topic of interest sharpening your focus on the specific ideas you would like to collect, compare and contrast the information from the site with what you already have collected.
2. Find new ideas and methods of approaching data from old topics while uncovering new ideas and topics which have not yet been covered.
3. Next, using a skyscraper technique checklist scrutinise the content thoroughly.
4. Additionally, create a content writing template so that all the content created from the ideas collected from the original content is organised.
5. Finally, create a separate competitive content analysis spreadsheet which can be used to research on your competitors. Knowing the strength and weakness of competitors helps you to build a competitive advantage.
Once you create a content, try contacting all the webmaster who is linking to the top articles and offer them the better content which you created.
On the whole, skyscraping allows you to have more knowledge by comparing your research findings and combining them with prior information with the aim of creating something better.
10)Turning Brand mentions into links
Turning brand mentions into links is one of the most effective link building strategies, particularly effective for more established companies.
You can simply use a tool like SEMRush Brand monitoring tool to scour the internet for sites that mention your Brand, Product or services, then reach out to the webmaster suggesting they add a link to your website.
11) Industry-Specific Interviews
This tactic is same as PR, but a bit different. Interviewing Industry specific people can you help you get some authority backlinks
Your readers will likely appreciate high-quality interviews, and they will be keen to share it on your behalf. This is an easy way to get high Authority Backlinks
12) Social Media
Creating and distribution of quality data on social media are essential in building a brand name.
The idea behind social media content marketing is the development of good content which will attract more customers thus creating links back to your website.
Business utilises the use of social media to reach out to other bloggers and other social media users to create white hat links to their websites which increase their rating on Google.
How to utilise social media in to gain google rating
1. First, consider how target audience is utilising their social media accounts to find more information about them.
2. Monitor while paying close attention to content which seems trustworthy online which could be used to create whitehat links to the personal website.
3. Engage with different social media users at this stage ask if they are satisfied with your products they would also help you get a rating by creating a whitehat link to your site.
13) Video Marketing
Videos are a very versatile way of product promotion in the digital age. Research shows that using videos increases the sales of products thus more revenue from sales.
Thus any serious marketer should consider using videos to make more returns.
Read More: Video Marketing tips for 2018
How to use videos.
1. Film a demo of your product you could also create an animated GIF of how to use your products.
2. Film extend customer feedback and testimonials. Moreover, you could create blog posts in the form of videos.
3. For starters, Facebook lives chat or twitter podcasts would be a better choice of passing information while for those who are used to video marketing use of a live demo with Question and answer platform is recommended.
Video marketing works in such a way that it enables one to acquire potential high-quality content generated by users which could be utilised to form white hat backlinks to the personal website.
Moreover one could choose to invite customers to their blog or inviting the online community to in-person events which is an opportunity to know potential users who would give genuine links back to your site.
14) Content Research, data and Case Studies
Creating valuable Content resources and Unique data can produce a lot of High-Quality backlinks.
Writing Case Studies, and Researched content can be seen as an informative content for the webmasters.
15) Create Profiles on Q&A Sites And Answer Questions
It’s no wonder that Q & A sites continue to gain in popularity. It is the best way to gain popularity, build relationships and links.
There are different where you can create profiles and answers question.
For example, you can use Quora
You can answer any questions and also you can link to useful resources for the related questions.
Other popular Q & A Platforms where you can create profiles and answer questions
16) Facebook Groups networking
Facebook groups give you an opportunity to network with your industry peers as well as potential customers.
Spending few hours a day in Facebook groups and helping out blogger can help you build relations with blogger.
By building the relationship, you can reach them to a guest blog which is simple, compared with standard Guest posts link building.
You can also try their products and give testimonials on their websites.
17) Give testimonials and Review
Testimonials or review pages add credibility to your business.
They also enable brands to motivate potential users or customers still in the decision-making phase.
People who testify about the Business’s offerings are also given exposure for their blogs through linked or unlinked mention of their websites.
You can leverage testimonial link building by going after highly reliable brands with their press/reviews/testimonials pages.
When the penguin started working by Google, the focus changed in SEO to high-quality link building and away.
Backlink quality is more important than ever. How you get those links matters because as Google improves its algorithm.
So there is a lot you can focus on to build backlinks to your site than what is on here, but this gives you a boost to get started to improve your Google Rankings.
So good luck and good backlink hunting.